Flying WILD Educator Workshop at Lockhart State Park
Sep 29, 2012
CANCELLATION NOTICE: This workshop has been cancelled due to weather and the non-availability of an inside venue. PLEASE NOTE the workshop has been rescheduled for SATURDAY, JANUARY 26, 2013, at Lockhart State Park. At that time there will be an inside/outside venue! Your current reservation will be held for this workshop if you are available to attend on that date. Thank you.
Are you a classroom teacher or environmental educator? Do you work or volunteer for a local nature or conservation organization or group? Do you facilitate other environmental education programs?
Then the Flying WILD Program is for YOU!
- Flying WILD makes it easy to educate students about conservation using birds as the vehicle. Help connect kids with nature and build science skills.
- This program provides interdisciplinary activities and environmental education for educators to help students excel academically with a program that engages students in real inquiry while meeting national science standards.
- Flying WILD materials provide interactive, interdisciplinary, standards-based activities to help students understand the importance of migratory birds and their conservation.
- Educators learn how to conduct WILD lessons and participate in hands-on activities from the activity guide, which teaches basic biology, identification, ecology, bird conservation, and service learning activities.
- Formal educators receive 6 CEU credits.
Flying WILD is presented in conjunction with the Council for Environmental Education and the Cibolo Nature Center, Flying WILD City Partner for San Antonio.
For more information, contact Patsy Inglet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Lockhart State Park